Today's festival is a Mexican-Catholic holiday beginning the week before December 12th. Celebrations go all the way to the eve of December 12th, when the height of the celebration happens. On this day, conchero dancers gather in the atrium of the church Basilica of Ville Madero. Here, there is dancing, music, and singing to honor the Señora de Guadalupe.
- 1/2 lb spinach
- 1/4 lb elbow macaroni
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1.2 onion, minced
- 1/2 can tomato paste
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the spinach and macaroni separately, then rinse and drain.
- Brown the onions in oil, then add the tomato sauce. Stir and let simmer for 2 minutes, then add the broth.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and add the macaroni.
- Add spinach and simmer 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve!