Thursday, December 10, 2015

25 Days of Blogging- Day 10: Boxing Day

Hi Friends!

I am getting used to this daily blogging thing!  I hope you are all enjoying reading it as much as I am researching and writing it!!  Please leave a comment for me, letting me know your favorite post thus far.  I really love getting comments...they make my whole day!!

Now, on to today's festival:  Boxing Day!  This celebration traditionally follows the day after Christmas (so December 26th on the Gregorian calendar), when servants and tradesmen would receive gifts known, as a Christmas box, from their employers.

This tradition began as early as the Middle Ages and is still a custom in some countries including Canada, Australia, England, and Ireland.

I could not find many recipes for this holiday, as it revolves around giving a gift.  So here's my gift to you:   

 5 people who subscribe to either this blog or my main website will receive a signed copy of my book, Medieval Feats and Marvelous Treats!!

No comments:

Post a Comment