Thursday, December 17, 2015

25 Days of Blogging- Day 17: Where's Your Spirit?!

Hi Friends!

I hope you are enjoying this festive season.  I can't believe there are less than 10 days left of this daily blogging challenge!  I am really enjoying writing to you every day, so we will see what happens after December 25th.

Whether you celebrate Christmas, or Hanukkah, or any of the other festivals I mentioned in my last posts, there is something about this time of year that makes everyone just a bit more happy.  Have you noticed it?  People seem to have an extra sparkle in their eye due to all of the festivities.  Maybe its because they get to see their friends and family that they may not always get to see...maybe it's all the festive food and drink...maybe they just love the cold weather (nah, that can't be it! ha!)

Either way, people are happy and that is what makes this world a better place to live. 

I do believe that this time of year also brings out the kid in all of us cranky adults (the world can do that to you...) We remember what it was like to go sledding, we drink hot chocolate with marshmallows, we hug more, we sing songs, and just feel like a kid!  One of the best ways to feel like a kid is to play!
It's a blurry picture, but I'm sure you get the point.  This is me having a blast with my hubby and friends!!
If you take a step back and watch the kids in your life, notice that they don't care about fitting in their exercise regime, they don't stress about what foods they should eat; they simply live and play!  So, I challenge you to get outside with friends and family, young and old, and PLAY!  It doesn't have to be anything crazy strenuous or physically challenging.  Throw a ball, play tag, dance in the living room with holiday music (I do this one all the time :)  Just find an excuse to have fun let your inner child shine though. 

What do you do to let your inner child out?  Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment