Monday, December 21, 2015

25 Days of Blogging- Day 21: Cookies for Santa!






Hi Friends!

Whether or not you celebrate Christmas, placing cookies and carrots on the table for Santa is a fun tradition that I still enjoy doing to this day!  Granted, Santa’s cookies are now more healthy, (and vegan), but they still taste amazing!  And since they are fairly healthy (I’m still working on replacing the vegan butter…) they are a perfect pairing with coffee or tea on the Holiday Morning!

So, before we dive into the recipe, I want to share a fun little story with you as to why these cookies are so important in my life.  When I was little, my parents told me that Santa’s favorite cookie was Almond Crescents.  Each year during the week before Christmas, we would head to the store and buy a box of Almond crescents and a pack of carrots to leave for the reindeer.

Fast forward several years and I found out that Almond Crescents weren’t Santa’s favorite cookie, but my dad’s!  My dad eventually told me that I never left Santa enough cookies, so he would bring the box downstairs to our living room while he and my mom wrapped presents (before Santa came of course).

I have tried my hand a few times at making these cookies from scratch, but it has been awhile; and since I am doing 25 Days of Blogging this year I figured, why not try it again and surprise Santa with some of his favorite homemade cookies!

This year, I am basing my recipe off of Vegan in the Freezer’s version, but making a few swaps from my past experience:

No comments:

Post a Comment