Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Vegan Challenge: Day 3

Last night, as I was adding the finishing touches to dinner, I asked Andrew if he would like cheese on his baked acorn squash.  He said of course...

I have absolutely no problem with him having cheese or other dairy products (as we are both vegetarian), but it made me think about dairy for the first time in the past 3 days.  I have not even thought about consuming any dairy until I had to shred the cheese to finish off the dinner.  3 days ago, I would have taken a nibble of the cheese before putting it back in the fridge; now I actually had to think about it and remind myself about where it comes from.

I am a mere 3 days into this challenge and I am already coming across the need to think about food more.  Not that it is difficult or making me angry/sad/etc, but it is making me more aware of the foods that I am putting in my body.

On that note, it is a good thing that I read the label for the Juice Plus protein bars because they do have some milk protein (whey) in them. :(  So I can't try them now, but Andrew will be testing one out today so I'll be sure to let you all know what he thinks.

Now I am off to reading and classes!  Yay nutrition!!

Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment