Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Vegan Challenge: Day 2

We had a wonderful vegan dinner last night of Brussels sprouts and mixed veggies in a butternut squash broth.  The squash broth made the whole dish slightly sweet and perfect!  I made the broth by taking all of the leftovers from chopping the butternut squash for soup (the skin, and fibers that hold the seeds) and boiling them with spices.

Now for today:  So far, going vegan has still not been too difficult.  I made pancakes this morning with oats and whole wheat flour and used flax meal/water for the binder.  Simple!  Lunch was leftovers and a snack was some almonds after my first day at yoga teacher training!!!!!

More on that here:
OH MY GOSH!  These women were so much fun and I had a blast.  Since this was my first time ever being in a yoga studio, I wasn't sure what to expect and what their expectations were of me.  Needless to say, I was a bit nervous.  Well, let me tell you, the nerves flew right out the window as I walked in to big smiles and hugs!  I felt so at home right away.  We did some talking, went through postures and savasana, and then did some more talking (over 2 hours worth! so great!)  During savasana, we were each covered with a blanket and there was a scent of lavender in the air as our limbs got lightly massaged and loosened; there is no better way to relax.  I felt so rejuvenated afterwards.  I can't wait to go back on Thursday evening! (Check out there website here.

Next, to my surprise, my newest Juice Plus package arrived this afternoon!  JP Complete protein bars!

Can this day get any better?!  Oh wait, it can because I have been given this wonderful body to move in all sorts of ways and an opportunity to share my passions (cooking, health, yoga, etc.)  with other passionate people.  Being that it is nearing Thanksgiving, everyone seems to be in a more thankful mood, but this mood should be there year round.  We should all be thankful for the many gifts that we have and even for those we don't have because if we were perfect at everything, there would be nothing to strive for in life.  

I can't express my gratitude enough.  Be sure to thank someone, especially during this holiday season.

Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment