Thursday, November 8, 2012

Product Review #1

Good morning everyone!  It is such an exciting day because I have three wonderful products from a nut butter company called Artisana.  As you may have read in my last post, they were kind enough to supply me with tons of samples of their nut butters.  They are "Creating unique, delicious, healthy, gourmet food is a work of passion for us, blending together nuts and seeds like the vibrant colors of an artist's palette. Handmade with care, our organic foods are crafted using a temperature controlled process that preserves the life-essential fatty acids, proteins, vitamins, and enzymes." So far, I have tried 3 of the butters for breakfast.

The first one I tried was the raw pecan butter.  Wow!  It really tasted like pecans.  The only two ingredients are pecans and cashews.  From past experience, I have come to understand why many nuts are mixed with cashews in order to make a smooth consistency.  This is because many nuts just blend into a fine powder and are really chunky; which is not necessarily a bad thing unless you want something smooth.  This is where cashews come in.  Cashews blend up so nicely and become silky smooth when processed.  That reminds me, next post I'll have a great picture of their cashew butter for you!  Anyways, this raw pecan butter was divine and perfect for this time of year and the up coming holidays.  I would use this over peanut butter any day (even topped on my pancakes like in this picture!)
 The next one I tried was the almond butter.  I have tried many different brands of almond butter and they always end up runny and gooey.  To my surprise, this almond butter was creamy, but I actually had to work it out of the pouch!  The sweet taste of almonds in a smooth and luscious butter form is perfect for an on-the-go snack with a pear and cinnamon!
 Finally, this morning I whipped out the raw macadamia butter.  Sadly, I am not a huge fan of macadamia nuts, but this butter won me over!  I had it on toast with banana, but I tried it by itself sand could have eaten the whole pack right there!  Again, it is mixed with cashews to give it a more creamy texture, but this one was a little bit more chunky compared to the other two.  It definitely changed my mind about macadamias though!
I apologize for the bad pictures, it has been really dark when I eat breakfast now and I don't have any special equipment so please bear with me...

As for now, my favorite nut butter is definitely the pecan.  I have 3 more butters to show you, I'll keep you posted.

Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment