Monday, November 12, 2012

Becoming Vegan Day 1

I have had many ups and downs about becoming vegan.  In the past, I would commit to it and then lose the "will power" after only a few days.  I have been a vegetarian for a few years now and have been playing with the idea of veganism for a while.  I have watched a few videos and read a few books, but nothing struck me like these two things:

1. Vegucated
     This documentary really hot home for me.  I watched it last Friday and definitely cried at various parts.  In this film, three New Yorkers decided they would accept the challenge to go vegan for 6 weeks.  These people ate meat 3 times a day and thought they couldn't survive without it!  If they can do it, so can I.
     I really think that everyone should watch this video because it is realistic and shows clips of why people become vegan.  If you know of any films that are like this, please send them my way as I would like to learn all that I can.

2. www.vegansociety.com
     After wiping away the tears from Vegucated, I decided to do a little bit of my own research.  I ran into this site and the  first thing I saw was a 30 day vegan challenge.  I though to myself, "I can do this!  If I can make it through the holidays on a vegan diet, I can do it all the time!"  So low and behold, I am on my first day as a vegan.  So far, it hasn't been too hard, but the hard part is yet to come...
     I plan on doing plenty of research and watching videos/pod casts to keep myself aware of why I am going vegan.  I think that it is very important to remind yourself on a daily/weekly basis of why you do something because it keeps you real and grounded.  The more one falls into the routines of life, the more one is susceptible to not living to one's fullest.  I am doing this challenge to improve my health and take a step in saving our world (more on that tomorrow).

Would you ever consider going vegan or vegetarian?

Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment