Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Awesome Oats!


Last night I was thinking about what I wanted for breakfast...I honestly couldn't come up with anything!  So, after the Bears game, I laid my head down on my brand new comfy pillow and went right to sleep.

This morning, all I could think of was oatmeal!  The cool weather has definitely got me craving hot tea, hot coffee, and warm breakfasts to soothe the soul.

The recipe for this yummy concoction is as follows:

-1/2 cup rolled oats
-1/2 cup water
-1/2 cup soy milk (or water/cows milk/almond milk/coconut milk/etc.)
-1/4 t each cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg
-1 T ground flax seeds

Dump everything into a small pot and gently simmer, stirring occasionally, until your desired thickness is reached.  Serve with a bit of studying for nutrition and you have a balanced morning!

Right now, I am studying vitamins for one of my classes and Vitamin A was the topic during that picture.  Besides some oils, vitamin A can be found in all orange/red vegetables, especially carrots, pumpkin, and sweet potato.  Is it ironic that I had a post about the color orange on the second day of October?   I think not, my friends.

Well, off to do more studying and then to work.  Hopefully I'll get some pictures to post about later!

Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment