Monday, October 22, 2012

Super Awesome Crazy Weekend

I had a full day of work on Saturday (from 9AM to 7PM) and was busy the entire time!  Goebberts is one hoppin' place on the weekends, especially now that the season is almost over...only 8 more days...

Exhausted, hungry, and tired, I walked through the front door to a warm hug and a new book on the table, waiting to be opened!!!!
 Vegan Holiday Cooking has so many amazing recipes for all year round, but specialize in holidays (in multiple denominations!)  I can't wait to try some of these!!!

Here's some pictures from Goebberts on Sunday morning:


 Sunday afternoon, Andrew and I went to my Mamaw's house to help her bake an old fashioned stack cake.  It has mainly wholesome ingredients including whole grain flour, home made applesauce, and lots of love!  You make individual rounds of the cake and bake it until it's really crisp.  Layer the cake with spiced applesauce and let it sit overnight to soak up all the goodness.
 I apologize for the bad picture, but I couldn't figure out the lighting...I made potato and split pea soup (yes, it was all made in one pot!)  So amazingly delicious, especially with pita chips!!
 Then we shared this piece of cake for desert!  Had to call Mamaw and tell her how good it was!!!!!  I'll definitely be making this again, and tweaking the ingredients for different flavors, and smaller portions...
 MMMMM

Nothing says fall like soup for dinner and apple for dessert!!  Did you make anything special this weekend?

Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment