Friday, October 5, 2012

Freezing!!

Well, I am, but it's just getting cold out...oh autumn in the mid-west...

The good news is that the leaves are all changing and the neighborhood is lined with differing shades of gold, orange, red, and green.  I can not even begin to describe how much I love this time of year.  It saddens me to think that winter is just around the corner, so I'm not going to think about it!  I am going to enjoy these days while they're here.

Speaking of enjoying the days, I made a raw sunflower seed butter this afternoon.  Friday's are my early days for class and it just so happens that I have to pass Whole Foods on the way home.  Needing to pick up a few items anyways, I stopped in for a quick browse.  I ended up leving the store with $60 out of my bank account and one giant recycled bag full of good food.  Sadly, I still have a few items to pick up at another grocery store on Sunday, but my bulk items are taken care of for the next couple of weeks.  Here's what my bag was filled with:

  • coconut oil
  • tri-colored quinoa
  • raw hulled sunflower seeds
  • kale
  • organic fugi apples
  • 8oz almond yogurt (trying to find a good vegan yogurt for extra probiotics...)
  • butternut squash
  • multi-colored popping corn
  • Endangered Species dark chocolate bar with gogi berries, pecans, and maca
What is it with me and colorful things?  I will take some pictures tomorrow morning, when there is hopefully more sun, so you can see how beautiful the popping corn and quinoa are!

I am a huge believer in eating a colorful variety of whole foods, so when there is a mixture of collors for one food, I go crazy!  As a matter of fact, I probably bought enough to last us3-4 weeks!

This has become a very random post, but I just wanted to inform all of my readers about my Youtube channel that I just recently started!  I will be posting videos of different healthy recipes that are vegan and gluten-free for the most part :)  Let me know what you think of it and feel freee to pass it along to friends and family.  I started this blog as a journal, but the next stp for me is to make connections with as many people as I can.  I do not get paid for anything on this blog, it is a really fun hobby that I picked up and would like to eventually turn it into a career.  I welcome all advice and/or comments with great happiness, so please help me out by letting me know what you like/don't like or would like to see more of/less of.

Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment