Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pumpkins Galore!

Well, I officially have 5 followers!  I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but it is still really exciting for me to have followers!  I started this blog because of a college assignment and it has blossomed into a journal/recipe experience full of joy and fun.  I love that I can share my passion with even the few amount of people who do read my blog (and I thank you all so much!!!!).  I hope to reach more people soon, so please let me know what you would like to see on my blog and I will accommodate as best I can.

As for today's post, I would like to introduce to you my favorite autumn food of all time...(seriously, people think I'm crazy because of all the things I use this food for...):
PUMPKIN!!!!!
I bought those beauties pictured above before work yesterday.  Well, actually I got them for free because being an employee means that I get to spend up to $16 on pumpkins on the company (that's Goebbert's by the way).

Pumpkins, like the butternut and all winter squash, are loaded with beta carotene which turns to vitamin A in our bodies!  Vitamin A supports healthy eyes and actually helps to give our skin a glow, but beware, if consumed in extremely large amounts, you just might turn orange!!

Gus loved the little pumpkin I got for her.  She actually started to bite at it, so I think we will chop it up for her dinner tonight!

Still working on my book, Medieval Feats and Marvelous Treats.  I should be getting more time to work on the recipes and take pictures soon and I am shooting to be done by Christmas!

Luana ola!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE pumpkin! I made pumpkin pancakes and pumpkin muffins AND searched all over for pumpkin hershey kisses so I can make pumpkin puppy chow. In the past I've also made pumpkin french toast. Pumpkin is sooooo yummy:)


    We are ALL Special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! You'll have to let me know how the pumpkin puppy chow turns out!!

      Delete