Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day 2

Breakfast: big bowl of mixed berries, drizzled in raw chocolate (that I made last night)

Lunch: 2 apples, 3 c chopped kale, 8 dates

Dinner: 2 big salads from Sweet Tomatoes!  I could not believe the energy I got from this meal!  I was talking so much, Andrew told me that he wanted to go fill his water so he could get a break! Haha!  I felt so good, but I was hungry 2 hours later so I had some berries and a date before bed.




Snacks: banana bits while chopping and freezing over-rips bananas and a smoothie of 1 grapefruit and 1 banana with ice and water (I let it freeze for a bit to thicken up and become like a shake!)

Today was so beautiful!  I walked to the grocery store (about .8-1 mile each way) to load up on produce and got so much that I could barely carry the bags home!  I got a good sweat going, that's for sure!  My arms were tired, so I just wanted to get the groceries put away and forgot to take a picture, but here's what I bought and the cost:

  • 1lb dates $5.99
  • huge bag of about 20 apples $1.50
  • huge bag of about 22 bananas $1.50
  • huge bag of about 12 grapefruit $1.50
  • 1 bunch of beets (3 roots + stem) $1.99
  • 3 cucumbers $1
  • 1.8 lb red cabbage $1.79
  • 3 bunches cilantro $1
  • huge bag of baby spinach $2.37
  • 15 lb seeded watermelon $8.40
  • Supreme health from eating these foods...priceless!
Grand total $33.18 (I rounded a few prices for ease of typing in case you are the type to check my math...you know who you are!)

Luana ola!


No comments:

Post a Comment