Saturday, June 8, 2013

Days 9 and 10

I apologize for not posting yesterday.  We had a lot going on around here, and I didn't get a chance until right now!  I ate raw until 6pm and then went to Tiki Terrace with Andrew.  They were so accommodating for me and made me a huge raw salad with shredded romaine, cabbage, tomato, carrot, lemon, and pineapple!  Delicious!  The only thing non-raw that I ate were taro chips with pineapple salsa.  However, they were vegan and baked so not too bad.

Today was so great though!  I had an array of fruits with raw chocolate for breakfast, 6 bananas for lunch, and a big salad from Marianos for dinner.

This afternoon, we went to the pond by our library to do some reading and found a family of 5 baby ducks and their momma!  Just wait, it gets more cute...the momma hopped up out of the water and onto the ledge and waited patiently for her ducklings to join.  One by one, they tried and tried again to hop up, but their little bodies were not quite strong enough.  Sure enough, after some serious perseverance each one of them made it up by her.  They all huddled together and took a little nap.

When we got back home, after some snacking on watermelon, we played a little game of ultimate Frisbee with Zak (Andrew's brother), and Andrew's Mom's boyfriend's kids (sorry if you got lost on that one!) Super fun, and I worked up a good sweat!  There is nothing like having fun while getting exercise!

Here's to another great day tomorrow and my summer classes start on Monday!

Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment