Thursday, June 13, 2013

Continuing On...

I am posting today in honor of all of us.  We all go though tough patches many times during our life and sometimes it just feels as though the world is out to get us.

Without getting too personal, I wanted to share with you my own experience recently.  After taking 4 years of college and 1 year of my dietetic licensing program, I'm on a roll with anatomy and all things health.  Loving practically every minute of it!  During this summer, I planned on taking 2 courses to get myself just a bit more ahead so I could slow down the cramming during the coming semester.  Anatomy/Physiology 2 and Finite Math were the two courses I signed up for at my community college (cheaper than Dominican, less drive, you get the gist).

During this past week, I attended the A/P class and lab every day and each day the professor reminded all transfer students that they needed to submit their transcripts to her so that she could make sure the prerequisite for this class was met.  Why we were allowed to register without proof is beyond me.  I spend the first 3 days of the week trying to get ahold of my unofficial Carthage transcript.  Once I finally got it in my hands today (the last day of class for this week), my professor told me that I did not have "Human Anatomy" and could therefore not take the class due to the fact that I did not meet the prerequisite.  So a BA in Exercise Physiology means that I can not take a basic A/P course?

So after a bit of yoga, meditation, and calming myself by talking to friends, I came to the conclusion that this is life.  Sometimes, life throws us curveballs.  Sometimes those curveballs are coming at us at 200mph.  When this happens, it is crucial for us to do possibly the hardest thing in the world...take a step back, assess the situation with a rational mind, and make the best of the situation.

Now I'm sure you're reading this and thinking, "yeah right!".  I know, I've been there on several occasions, but I'm here to tell you that it works!  Now I did have my fair share (about 2 hours worth) of freaking out, being angry and wondering "why me?  why now when I am this close to being done".  But once I gathered myself and realized that it was causing more pain and agony to insist that the universe was turning against me, I sat down and let my thoughts go.  Doing this allowed me to see from an outside perspective and made me realize that it is ok for plans to not go a certain way.  Who knows, maybe by taking this class during the school year I will learn more that I ever could know.

Whatever crisis you might have in your life at this moment.  Breathe.  Just breathe into it and look at it from the outside.  I promise this too will pass and you will feel so much better in the end.

Please enjoy this life as much as you possible can!

Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment