Thursday, May 30, 2013

Day 1

Last night, knowing it was my last day of processed/cooked foods for about 3 months, I had some snacks...pretzels and chocolate chips!  Needless to say, this morning I woke up groggy and exhausted...

But, after a huge glass of cool water, my body perked up a bit and I sat down for breakfast.  Since I have not bought loads of produce yet, breakfast consisted of an array of fruits.

Breakfast: 1/2 of a honeydew melon, an apricot, and a banana.

From other raw foodists, I have learned to track everything on Cron-o-Meter to make sure I'm getting all of my necessities including vitamins, minerals, macro-nutrients, and calories.  This breakfast was about 350 calories (I need to consume between 1600 and 2000)!  Not much, considering how much I felt like I ate...well, this just means I get to eat more for munch, dinner, and snacks!  This is pretty much why I love this lifestyle already...I love to eat!

Lunch: 3 c of tomato and cucumber mixture, a pear, and 2 handfuls of baby carrots
I ate this sporadically from 11 am - 2pm.  I am still getting used to this lifestyle (it's the first day) and I know that I have to eat A LOT, but I did not realize how much!  I have been eating to fullness each meal, but it goes away in an hour!  For this reason, I got really hungry at 3pm, so I had a handful of almonds to tide me over.

Dinner: home made raw chocolate, sauerkraut, mixed berries
The reason dinner was so sporadic was because of timing.  It was 7pm when I got back from softball and did not feel like making a salad.

Snacks: a whole bunch of raw almonds

Exercise:  1 hour of Vinyasa yoga and a short softball game.

I noticed that I really need to eat more fruit during the day.  My calories were so low that I pigged out on nuts and chocolate later at night because I was so hungry!  Tomorrow, I will be going to the store to pick up fresh produce for next week!

Luana ola!

p.s. remember to email me or leave a message if you'd like to join me in this quest for ultimate health!

No comments:

Post a Comment