Thursday, May 23, 2013

Final Week of Cleansing (Week 3)

Day 15:
This week is loaded with simply juices and smoothies!  I've already had 2 juices plus a banana and apple.  But, I needed those extra 2 pieces of fruit because I did a 17 mile bike ride today!  Why would I do such a thing, you might ask?  Well, first of all, I hate driving in a car...second, why not get exercise while you run errands?!  I had to make a couple mindless stops and the stores were located in the same strip mall about 4.5 miles away.  The ride added up 3 extra miles because I was trying to find a good place to tie up my bike and ended up circling the mall twice! Ha!  Here's to plenty of energy from all of this beautiful living food!
Day 16:
Funny story about today.  After my morning cup of lemon water, I had an apple and banana.  Just before lunch, I started to get a bit hungry, so I went to make a juice;  I was craving carrot juice.  I looked on the recipe list for today and saw that the juice of the day was carrot, celery, parsley, lemon, and apple!  It was so amazing how my body and the cleanse worked so well together!  Needless to say, it was absolutely delicious and hit the spot.
Day 17:
Although its a bit dreary out today, my spirits are up and I still feel alive.  So many times before this cleanse, I would feel awful on rainy/overcast days.  Not to say that I still feel better when the sun's out (because I definitely do!), but I don't have that dull feeling I used to get.  And my knees aren't as stiff!  Huge plus!
Day 18:

Day 19:

Day 20:

Day 21:
Wow!  I was so busy with life that I did not have time to write down my experiences each day for the past 3 days!  I know I know, typical Kathy...ha!  Well, I am officially finished with the cleanse and I feel so great!  Although I did lose some weight, that's not the important thing here.  The ultimate experience was the amazing detoxing that I had and how good I feel now that it's over!  I have so much energy and I feel happy, alive, and healthy.  I truly believe that this experience has also helped me to understand what my body truly craves/wants/ and needs; and it has helped me to deepen my yoga postures!

I am so thankful for the ladies that went through this experience with me and for all that I learned.  I might have a fun surprise for you all in the near future (hint: it has to do with this cleanse), but for now, I would love to hear about your experiences cleansing and/or any questions you might have about the process even if you have never done a cleanse before.

Thank you so much for following me through this process, and please come back and check in for more health updates, facts, and everyday journeys through life!

Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment