Saturday, March 9, 2013

Yoga!!

It's official, I am officially a yoga instructor at the new Xsport gym in Schaumburg! Woo hoo!!

I was so nervous this morning when going to the audition, but the leader of group exercise was very nice and I felt comfortable right away.  All I had to do was show her 15 minutes of a routine and explain a few modifications that she asked of me.  Piece of cake.  Now, I have to update my CPR certification and I am on my way.

Just to make sure it's clear, I am still helping out with Essencia's Blog, although Jeannine and I have been getting into so much other work, that the blog has taken a little break.  I will probably post one later this week, so be on the look out!

In other news, I had a wonderful day of food!

Breakfast:  Banana oatmeal with a dollop of peanut butter

Lunch: a delicious green smoothie.  Wait...did I just say delicious to a green smoothie??!!  Yes, folks, I did!  I have made green smoothies in the past and they always seem to turn out chunky and super "green" tasting, if you know what I mean.  This time, I pureed it longer and all of the fiber from the greens became nice and smooth.  Here's my concoction (sorry, no pictures, the camera has pooped out...):

  • 1 stalk of celery
  • 1 medium pear
  • 1/4 c frozen tropical fruit
  • 1/4 c pineapple
  • 2 c spinach
  • 2 T plain dairy free yogurt
  • a bit of water to bring it all together
Some snacking here and there

Dinner:  Mung bean and brown rice curry with sauteed green beans

MMMMMM!  A little more snacking this evening with hot tea and this girl is done for the night!

Luana ola!

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS KATHY! I've been doing some yoga apps. I've taken a break over the last week (due to lack of time), but I do enjoy it, and it forces me to stretch out from running!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! It is such a great way to destress and get some energy out. I didn't know you were a runner?!

      Delete