Sunday, March 17, 2013

Vegan Zucchini Bread

This wasn't really intended for St. Patrick's Day, but I guess it could be considered festive because it has zucchini in it and obviously zucchini is green!!!

Sorry, no pictures due to the camera being on the fritz still and I don't really have the time to search for a new one.  I know I know, take pictures with my iPhone...I just get lazy with picture taking these days and would much rather keep it simple and write.  Is that okay?  Because if you guys would rather see more pictures, please let me know.  I'm easily convinced by my readers' suggestions!

Back to the goods:

Found this recipe at culinate.com  It turns out so beautifully and very moist.  A little note, I substituted the lemon juice for 1T apple cider vinegar

  • 2 c zucchini, grated and losely packed
  • 2 T flax seed meal
  • juice and zest of 1 lemon
  • 1 1/2 c spelt flour
  • 1 T cinnamon
  • 1 t baking soda
  • 1 t baking powder
  • 1/3 c brown sugar
  • 1/2 c soy milk
  • 4 T canola or coconut oil
  • 3 T agave





Steps

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 9-inch-by-5-inch loaf pan.
  2. In a large bowl, toss together the grated zucchini, flax meal, and grated lemon zest.
  3. In a separate bowl, sift together the spelt flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and brown sugar. Mix into the zucchini.
  4. In a small bowl, combine the soy milk and lemon juice. (The mixture will curdle; don’t fret.) Add the oil and agave.
  5. Gently mix the wet ingredients into the zucchini mixture, stirring until just combined.
  6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.

Please try and let me know what you think?!

Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment