Saturday, March 16, 2013

Embracing Wholeness

While doing some research after the seminar yesterday, I came across this beautiful website.  The author, Melissa Brisbane is a Kinesiologist and holistic health practitioner.  Her beliefs on how the body heals itself through compassion and love are exactly what I believe and would like to one day emulate.

The first email that I got from her was about being empowered and feeling inspired.  Her beautifully sculpted
words and phrases touch your heart and make you feel lighter and happier while you are reading it; but the part that struck me the most in this email was what she said at the end:

"In order to heal, you must let go of your mental struggle.
We heal by making peace with ourselves, right in this very moment.
We choose to do this by finding what helps us still the mind and calm the nervous system.
For me, it's kinesiology, qi gong, surfing and watching sunsets; whatever sparks my light and connects my heart.
When I'm doing these things, my fears and worries dissolve. The more I partake in this connection, the stronger it grows and the more I feel steady on my path.
And then when it becomes dark and tense again, I do the same again and again, constantly letting go and realigning.
Trusting in my transformation, the physical healing will come. I hope you keep trusting in yours."

I find stillness in practicing yoga, cooking, reading, and going for long walks in the sun.  There are so many things that make me happy and fill my heart with love and peace.  After pondering about what makes me happy, I found it hard to even imagine how I could ever forget those things and become angry.  Below is a list of some more things that make me happy, so the next time I feel discouraged, I can take a look at that list and feel the warmth of love flood through my body and mind.

  • Rain
  • having a good conversation
  • Laughing
  • Hiking
  • Biking
  • going to the beach
  • feeling the warmth of the sun on my skin
  • being in love
  • watching Gus (our tortoise) eat and play
  • Thunderstorms
  • and the list goes on
What are some of the things that make you happy and at peace?

Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment