Monday, May 7, 2012

Sunday Fun Day!

Yesterday was amazing!  Although the weather was cloudy all day and there was on and off storms, Andrew and I found plenty of fun things to do.

Upon waking, Andrew asked me if I would want to go out for breakfast; who can say no to that?!  He then said that we should ride our bikes there and then take our normal loop around the forest preserve; and I said why not?!  The nice thing about the restaurant we went to is that it is this cute little place that is only open for breakfast and lunch and completely reminds me of The Lake Villa Restaurant by my home town (that my parents and I would always go to after church on Sundays) so it was like starting a new tradition for ourselves :)

The bike ride is just 1 mile from his house.  We split one of their HUGE omelets, called the Iron Man.  It is a giant mixture of egg whites, broccoli, peppers, onion, and mushrooms with a side of fresh fruit and whole grain pancakes.  Super tasty with some hot sauce on top (of the omelet of course...).

As we continued on our journey, we ran into a small issue 7 miles into the ride...
 During the storms from this past week, one of the trees fell across the path!  The guys in the picture above were coming from the other direction and hopped off their bikes to go under the fallen tree.
 This poor tree got uprooted!

We just got off our bikes and rolled them under the tree.  7 more miles and we were back at home.  The whole trip lasted about 2 hours and 30 minutes.  What a great way to start the day!

Later on, a huge storm came, so we popped in a couple movies and relaxed the rest of the afternoon.  Perfect relaxing Sunday :)  Now, it's back to work!  Parmida, JuicePlus+, and My website!

Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment