Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dancin' Shoes

Tonight, after work, Andrew and I went to a free dance instruction at Arthur Murray Dance Studio.  There were lots of people there; some were students of the school and some were first time dancers.  Either way, we had lots of fun!  The instructors were very nice and we even signed up for a free introductory lesson next Tuesday.

As for the dances, we did a little swing and rumba.  There were also complimentary hours 'dourves and wine.  I honestly can't wait to go back!  If you would have asked me 5 years ago if I would be wanting to take dance lessons, I would have given you "the look" and asked you if you were crazy.  The dancing bug has hit me hard! From taking Zumba to ballroom dance lessons, I can't get enough.  I think that this new passion for dance comes from being an athlete.  I used to express myself through volleyball and training, but now that I am no longer competing, I have found a more feminine side to myself.  I now love to find different ways to move and use my body, like in yoga and dancing.  Doing these moves has already helped me learn more about myself and feel more comfortable in my own skin.

Tomorrow is a super long day at work, but I am hoping to break it up with another Zumba class at 5:30!

Quote of the week from The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: “A habitual moderation in eating and drinking is much better than certain rigorous abstinences made from time to time”
-St. Francis de Sales

Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment