Friday, May 25, 2012

Eventful Week

It's finally Friday, and boy has this week been busy!  Between work and class, I have had not much time to do anything else but eat and sleep!  It all started with last weekend...I graduated from Carthage!  There were 2 ceremonies that my family and I got to go to on Sunday.  The first was a speech given by the Lutheran bishop of Chicago.  It was very nice and he was very inspirational.

Let me back up a bit...before the first speech, Andrew (and my parents) and I stopped by the Chapel Office to say hi to Debbie and Kristin.  Debbie was my boss on campus and my second mom throughout college.  She helped me through so many obstacles that there is no way I could have gotten through it without her.  I will definitely miss seeing her every day and talking to her about everything!

Here is Andrew holding up a yearbook.  His picture is on the top right of the left page!
 This is Kristin and I all dressed up :)
 After this speech there was food!  It was all free (as it should be considering how much we paid for the school...) and there were TONS of options, including a free drink bar.

Our first stop was sushi; yes, they had veggie sushi!


 Although it was my graduation, Andrew kept running into tons of people he knew...talk about a social butterfly :)
 It got so crowded that I couldn't take any more pictures, but they also had a cheese station, sandwiches, pasta bar, pretzel bar (yummy cinnamon filled ones!!!), chocolate fountain, espresso, and...
 a FRUIT BAR!!!  It was loaded with tropical fruits!  I was in love.
 It was beautifully decorated with the palm tree made of extra fruit and the outside layer of the pineapple that was cut up to eat.
 The next day, I had my last meal from the student union at Carthage...A $3.99 salad from the quick mart.


Saturday evening, we got to see a professional football game at Tremper High School in Kenosha.  It was a jumble of the 2nd and 3rd string of local professional teams!

 These two little boys were so cute sitting next to those big guys!

As for the rest of the week, it has been work and Microbiology.

Throughout all of this, yoga has really helped me stay calm.  Through practice, I have learned that when something goes wrong, look at it in a different light.  Don't sweat the small stuff, because if that is the worst thing that has happened to you during the day, then consider yourself lucky.  Many times, we see things for how bad they are instead of how good everything else is.  Be thankful for what you have (or don't have) and live life to its fullest potential.  You never know what you can do until you try!

Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment