Saturday, April 28, 2012

Fun in the Sun!

Since the weather was nice and I didn't have to work until 4, I went to Barrington to check out some of the little shops; one of my coworkers told me about a knitting shop!

I couldn't find the knitting shop right away, and I had plenty of time to wander, so I stopped at these two old houses. They were built in the 1820s and are now family shops.  Bravura is a perfect little gift shop, especially for mother's day!  It was loaded with beautiful jewelry, handbags, scarves, candles, pictures, and everything woman! The man was extremely nice; needless to say, I will definitely be going back!
 This next house also had a very nice owner who had only been there for a year.  Her shop was filled with gifts from all over the world and everything was fair trade!  100% going back just because of these sandals!  They are made by women in Uganda and most of the profits go to them!
This place has an awesome sauna for $1 per minute and organic/health supplies like cosmetics, supplements, cleaning supplies, snacks, and body care.  I learned that sitting in a sauna is good for detox, weight loss, stress relief, and improving blood circulation
  I grabbed a cup of mango tea and read my book!

Andrew and I are going to Celtic Fest today at the Sears Center, so be watching for more pictures!

Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment