Thursday, March 22, 2012

Summer...Here I come!

     After eating holiday foods and being cooped up in the house for too long, getting outside and feeling the sun on your face is just the right thing.  Did you know that just 15 minutes of sunlight every day will give you the vitamin D requirements that your body needs?  Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin that aids your body in absorbing calcium; which we all know is good for strong bones, teeth, hair, and neuromuscular function.  Although we can find vitamin D in many foods (especially fortified foods, that I try to stay away from due to their over-processed state) like greens and almonds but, it is more fun to spend the day in the sun and soak up all that energy from it!

Breakfast consisted of chia seed pudding and strawberries with a cup of coffee; all enjoyed on the deck!
   Speaking of sun, this weather we are having is still baffling me, but it seems as though we will be getting some rain and cooler temperatures (60s) soon.  While the weather is nice, though, I thought I'd bring the tortoise (aka little girl, Gus, Gus-Gus, etc...) outside so she too can enjoy the warmth and rays.



My favorite picture!

She loves to climb and crawl!  Check out my facebook at see a video of her :)


Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment