Friday, January 6, 2012

The Academy

I have finally gotten a chance to sit down and talk about my new internship!  It is at the Academy of Athletic Advancement in Schaumburg, IL.  The website can be found here.  It is a great place to workout and train whether you are an athlete or someone who wants to get into very good shape.  For those of you who don't like to work hard, sweat, and be sore, this place is not for you.  For a while, I forgot how much I like weight training.  I love the feel of muscles working and getting stronger; it's almost like a high for athletes.

I am going to start blogging about my food again because I realized that it really helps me to watch what I am eating.  When I have readers who are counting on me to post healthy and delicious recipes and to be a role model, I tend to stick to my beliefs better.  So thank you for keeping me honest!

Today, I kicked off my morning with a slice of whole grain toast, a banana, and peanut butter.  This time, though, I smeared the PB in the banana (and a sprinkle of cinnamon) and ate the toast plain!  It was a new adventure for me but one that still tasted great and got my metabolism off to a healthy start.

I had a great raw protein drink after my workout by Garden of Life.  The taste is unique and something to get used to, but the ehalth benefits are fanominal!  Check it out:  http://www.gardenoflife.com/

Enjoy this beutiful weather!! 40 degrees in Chicagoland!

Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment