Thursday, January 26, 2012

Brand New Day

Yesterday was an emotional day for me.  I had my last day of undergrad at Carthage and I had been emotionally eating all day.  I did not listen to my body for hunger cues, I just listened to my mind telling me to eat more "satisfying" food to make me feel good for that moment.  After that moment was over, I felt terrible, not to mention I had a bad stomach ache too.  Thankfully, Andrew coaxed me out of the house and to the library where I picked up some great books!  Here they are:

I am reading Savor first and so far, it is great!!  I can't wait to read the rest!
I'm sorry I don't know how to rotate these because they are from my phone...I think I'll start taking pictures with my regular camera again...
 I loved the title of this one and I have TONS of broccoli at home (as you can see, p.s. there's more in the freezer!  Go Costco!)
 I have heard a lot about people going Vegan recently and feeling great.  Whole Foods has a 28 day challenge going on for learning about a Vegan lifestyle.  They give you a book, recipes, and a weekly class at the store to make sure you are being healthy about your food choices.  I am thinking of trying it for the month of February, so I grabbed these books to learn to swim before I dive right in.

While looking through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, I found this fantastic quote:
Quote from Ellie Kreiger, "becoming a nutritionist "is like a pyromaniac becoming a firefighter.""
     So true!!!!!  Visit her site here .
She has been one of my favorite chefs on the Food Network since her first episode and this quote made me connect with her even more!  I am a food lover and I will admit that studying nutrition has diminished my love of certain foods.  Not to say this is a bad thing, but I just am more aware of eating some of my favorites and saving them for special occasions.


Luana ola!  Have a happy and healthy day!



1 comment: