Monday, January 23, 2012

Becoming an R.D.

After reading a post from Kath Eats, I realized how important becoming a Registered Dietitian is to me and that there are people out there who have to take extra time and go back to school.  I have been following Kath's blog ever since I started blogging myself and have enjoyed her pictures of food and fun!  I have been wanting to become an RD for awhile now and I know it is my calling, but I got scared when I found out that I will have to take the Masters and Internship program together due to the fact that I already have a BA in Exercise Sport Science.

I have recently been looking at Dominican University and some other local schools.  Andrew has a great career right now and we are going to stay in the mid west for awhile longer.  As much as I would love to go to North or South Carolina or even Hawaii to get my accreditation, it would not be practical.

As for now, I am doing a bunch of research and trying to start a small business (the Salt Scrubs).

My lunch today was a delicious salad!  Considering that it is winter time, I have been more in the mood for comfort foods like warm soups and stews, casseroles, and other hearty dishes that warm the soul, stomach, and home.  After buying a good amount of produce from Costco on Sunday, I figured that salads are going to become part of my daily meal plan once again (I don't want my money to go to waste!)

I then made desert (for after dinner of course).  I am so proud of myself because I made this up right off the top of my head!  I just hope it tastes as good as it looks and smells:

  • 1/2 c rolled oats
  • 2 T apple butter
  • 2 T flax meal
  • 2 T soy milk
  • 1 t cinnamon
  • 1 T dried cranberries
  • 1 T chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray 2 small tart pans with cooking spray.  Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir well.  The mixture should be just moist, not wet but not dry (add a little more soy milk if the mixture is too dry).  Spoon the mixture equally among the pans and sprinkle with brown sugar.  Place in the heated oven and cook until firm and pulling away from the sides of the pan (about 15-20 minutes).  Enjoy!






Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment