Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Wedding Wednesday: Bridal Show Recap!!

Hi friends!

I would like to start off this post by sharing some insight from a new blogger who I am loving at the moment; Erin from Dynomadic Life.  She is blogging her Tiny House journey with her hubby and she inspires me with each post.  Her latest post was very good timing because I have been going through a lot of my possessions and am trying to seriously downsize.  This is a very hard thing to do for a sentimental person, such as myself, but I am slowly learning and understanding that these things are just physical items that represent meaningful memories.  It is the memories I need to hold on to, not the "things".

That brings me to today's post...a recap of my first bridal show!  If you caught last week's Wedding Wednesday post, you've seen that I have recently attended my first bridal show for TheYogiRD!!

Now you may know that being part of a wedding can be fun but there is also so much materialism that goes with it.  Think about all the things you are told you "must have" for a wedding!  It is honestly ridiculous!

My goal with the Bridal section of TheYogiRD is not to add another "thing" to a bride's already massive to-do list, but rather to enhance and help her embrace the peace and love that comes with planning a wedding.  This is a time to enjoy, laugh, and love.  It is a once in a lifetime opportunity that goes by way too quickly.  My job is to help brides (or anyone really) take time to slow down, enjoy the process, and nourish both body and soul.

We already live in a world bombarded with advertisements, to-do lists, and constant motion.  Let's take a step back, breathe in some fresh air, and be reminded that every day is a gift to be treasured!

Much love!



No comments:

Post a Comment