Friday, January 22, 2016

Flavorful Friday: What I Ate Today

Hi Friends!

In respect to living a more simplified life (as noted in Wednesday's post), and reducing the amount of "stuff" I have so I can have more time and space to experience, I am giving you a What I Ate Today.  I eat a very simple diet, but I love it!  My hubby and I definitely splurge every now and then, but it is always within reason and it is rarely more than once per week (unless it's the holidays, then I feel like we are always eating out... but, I digress...).  So for your enjoyment (hopefully, because I feel like what I eat is fairly boring), I've taken pictures of my breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner from today to show you!

Now, I do want you to realize that I actually at more than pictured (as I describe below each image) and that this is not exactly what I eat every single day, although the amount it very similar.

Before we get too far:  Please let me know in the comments if this is something you'd like to see more of (I promise I can take better pictures...)!!

Note:  I'm hoping this becomes a regular thing because I can see it being very fun!

What I ate today:

I love my spotty bananas, they digest so much better than fully yellow or green ones.  I like to take my morning meal in doses as I enjoy a larger breakfast and I don't have much time in the morning. So, I had 1 banana while I was getting ready, then polished off the rest once I got to work with a big cup of tea.  I had about 5 bananas total (they were probably between a small to medium size).

Some more tea and a Clif Bar between 10:30 and 11am.  I like to snack this close to lunch because on Mondays and Thursdays, I go to a yoga class that runs right through noon.  I always start to get hungry around 11 anyways...

My hubby and I take leftovers from the previous night's dinner for lunch.  At 1pm, I enjoyed my rice with lentils.  I would have liked to get more veggies in, but produce right now is not the greatest and most of it is expensive because it is not in season right now.

I typically leave work at 4 and when I get home, I'm hungry.  So, I usually much on either more bananas, other fruit, or some raw veggies.


At 5:30 pm, Andrew and I sit down for our dinner together.  This is a bowl of millet with kale, onions, and carrots.   I ended up eating 2 bowls of this!  It was delicious!

Total Calories:  1976
Total Fat: 32 gm
Total Protein: 54 gm
Total Carbohydrates: 357 gm

I nearly met or exceeded all vitamins and minerals (although I do take a Vitamin D and B12 supplement once per week).

Would you like to see more of what I eat in a day/week? Let me know in the comments!!


No comments:

Post a Comment