Monday, July 16, 2012

Upsidedown

When your world is turned upside down, why not join in the fun?!
Over the past few months, I have been trying to focus on being healthy (and not so much on what I look like).  When I was younger, I never really had any self-esteem issues; playing volleyball helped me with that because I knew I was strong.  After I lost a bunch of weight (mostly muscle...) I felt good knowing that most of my clothes were big on me.  Then winter came and I gained the weight right back and went into a mild depression from a lack of vitamin D.  Ever since the lovely weather has been around, I am spending as much time as I can outside; feeling the warm, sometimes hot, sun on my skin and the cool breezes signifying Autumn is just around the corner.

I felt very playful this morning after a delicious breakfast of Kashi Golden Goodness cereal and a peach, so I went outside to do some improv. yoga.  Then, it hit me...Barely Balanced from the Renaissance Faire came to mind and I decided to try something new.  Since I can't quite hold a hand stand yet, I had to use the support from the wall; but a little support every now and then is a great thing!  I love how testing your limits can make you feel!  Although, most of the time, new poses are difficult, it is really exciting when you can do it on your own or can hold it long enough to take a picture!  Next goal...do a hand stand without a wall and take the picture (I held this for 10 seconds because I had to wait for the self-timing snapshot).



Have a happy Monday!  What is your favorite yoga pose?

Luana Ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment