Saturday, July 7, 2012

Independence Day/Farm Friday

I had so much going on this week, that I was too tired to blog.  I know, I know, blogging is a way to relax at the end of the day...Anyways, Andrew and I went on a quick bike ride to watch the 4th of July parade on Wednesday morning.  It was HOT, sticky, and we were sweaty; but we brought refreshments to cool us off.  Those refreshments included grapes, cucumber slices (for me), ice water, and Vanilla Juice Plus Complete.


After we got home from the parade, we had lunch and spent the day cooling off inside (making occasional trips outside to soak up that vitamin D) and getting chores done.

Then, on Friday, I went to the market!!  I can't even tell you how much fun it is to have the opportunity to go to the farmer's market every Friday morning.  I feel so blessed to have such access to fresh, local produce.  I picked up some kale, cucumbers, shiitake mushrooms, portabello mushrooms (for burgers next week!), peaches, raspberries, grape tomatoes, and more garbanzos!


 I am so blessed to have these foods!  I hope that my future includes a large garden in which people who have little access to fruits and vegetables can buy from at an affordable price.  Being a registered dietitian will help me to teach those people about making healthy choices and living a long, healthy life.

Today, I am finishing up a Renaissance shirt, going to work, and heading up north to see an old friend do some fireworks!
What's your favorite fruit or vegetable?

Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment