Monday, July 2, 2012

Almost Here!

It's almost Independence Day!  236 years since our founding father's declared us the United States of America.  Wow!  I think I need to do some historical research on this holiday too; but I should probably focus on my classes for now...only two weeks left of microbiology and business management.

I have been getting registered for classes at Dominican University in the fall, working on labs, and finishing up assignments online.  Sometimes I feel a little overwhelmed when I think about wanting to get this license finished in two years, but after doing the math, it shouldn't be too bad.  I just have to remember to take my time and make sure to get it done the right way without stressing myself too much!

Some more fun events coming up:


  1. The Bristol Renaissance Fair starts July 7th.  One of my best friends is having his July 4th party that day, so Andrew and I are thinking about hitting the Faire on the 8th!!  Ahhhhh I can't believe it is finally here!  For those of you who don't know me very well, I am kind of a history freak and the Renaissance/Medieval periods are my favorite to learn about; next to Colonial America that is.
  2. The end of August is the sprint triathlon that Andrew and I are doing.  We are both getting prepared very well.  Our times are getting better and we are training well.  Come support us in Woodridge IL!
  3. My first ever Mud Run is also in August.  I couldn't make the one in May because it landed on my graduation day and June just blew by in a blink.  Andrew is doing this one with me as well, but I think it would be REALLY fun if we could get some friends to join us!  Let me know if you are interested :)
  4. Finally, our vacation is in a couple weeks!   Mammoth Cave, Kentucky is where we'll be. I can't even describe how excited I am.  Horse back riding, kayaking, zip lining, hiking caves, camping = tons of fun!!
This Wednesday, we will be going out for dinner and seeing some fireworks.  What will you be doing to celebrate Independence Day?

Luana Ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment