Friday, July 13, 2012

Farm Friday

It was a very interesting day today.  I woke up and had a crazy taste for vegetables and garbanzo beans for breakfast!  Usually I have a sweet tooth, but my taste buds were looking for something more...So a loaded a bowl of cucumber, garbanzos, plain coco-yogurt, dehydrated garlic, and red pepper flakes.
 Then, it was off to the market!  This week, I picked up cabbage, purple pole beans, red onion, cucumber, and a bunch of carrots from one stall; button mushrooms from another stall; and yummy peaches from a third stall.

 You know what I love most about farmer's markets, besides meeting all the wonderful people who cultivate delicious foods to nurture our bodies, is how crazy natural plants look!!  Do you really think that all carrots are as uniform and perfect as they are in the grocery store?  Sitting there, perfectly straight, fluorescent orange, and no green tops?  How many of us actually get to see the luscious feathery tops of carrots and know that those tops are great for making broth (or feeding to cute tortoises...) and taste kind of like parsley? (Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure carrots and parsley are in the same family...)

Aren't these beautiful creations of mother nature?!
 Finally, progress is being made on my cook book.  I have tested 4 recipes and have the ingredients to try a few more this week.  Here is Camelene sauce.  If you want to know what it is, you will just have to wait for my book :)
Vacation in less than a week!

Luana ola!

3 comments:

  1. Great blog! I found you via "This Rawsome Vegan Life". I'm also a vegeterian hopefully becoming a vegan soon and like to read about others on the some journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks so much for the great comment :) Do you have a blog?

      Delete
  2. Yes, I have also a blog (very new one). It's not only a food blog, but there will be more vegan recipes in the future. Unfortunately it's in german, but I have a translator on the site, so maybe that will help. :D

    www.ohlovelylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete