Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer Wedding

My cousin got married this past Saturday!  Congrats Jeremy and Alexis!  As you will be able to see, this was no traditional wedding; the theme was tye-dye.  Since my cousin, Jeremy, is a drummer, my mom made their card holder into a drum set.  It had pictures of the couple growing up, their engagement picture, and a couple pictures from their Honeymoon in Italy.
 Reciting their vows.
 Needless to say, it was a very fun night with love in the air!  I wish the best of luck to them and hope they live a wonderful life together!

Then, on Father's Day (Sunday), Andrew and I took my parents to Lake Michigan to catch some rays and stroll on the beach.  Here's dad and me!
Andrew wanted to pretend we were on the Titanic...


 We stopped at a cute sandwich shop and got some amazing freshly made sandwiches!  Mom and I split a veggie sub (I added hot peppers to mine), Dad got tuna on rye, and Andrew got turkey on wheat.
 Then in the tradition of summer, we all got milkshakes across the street.  Dad got the oh-so-famous vanilla, Andrew got Elephant tracks (peanut butter cup), mom got vanilla/chocolate swirl, and I got green tea (no dairy!!) 
 After a nice walk on the beach and looking at light houses, we went to Grandpa's (dad's dad) to say hey.  He has a beautiful garden with roses that are super perky because of our mild winter.  Red, pink, and yellow.




 That night, Andrew and I had whole wheat pasta with olive oil, and garlic, all topped with basil from the garden.
 And cute little Gus with the only remains of her Romaine lettuce she finished!
What did you do for Father's Day with your dad?

Luana ola!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures:) You sure it was ANDREW that wanted to do the Titanic picture;) Looks like you had a great day!


    We are ALL Special!

    ReplyDelete