Sunday, June 10, 2012

Peanut butter and Tortoise

Well, since I promised a post on powdered peanut butter, I will stick to my word and inform you of some pros and cons.  On the other hand, we took way to many pictures of Gus yesterday to not post about her too!

Let's start with the peanut butter.  The great thing about peanuts, and nuts/seeds in general, is that they are high in good fats and protein, loaded with vitamins, and just taste great!  The con, if you are like me, is that they are very calorie-dense and that spells trouble when it is very hard for you to keep the spoon out of the jar.  Nothing beats that smooth, nutty taste.  A couple of years ago, I came across a product called PB2.  Someone from the company went to my dad's office and asked him to try the product.  Loving to try new foods, he brought it home to the two people who loved peanut butter more than anyone he knew; my mom and me.  The cool thing about this peanut butter is that all of the oil is pressed out of it, so it is in powdered form (and 85% less fat!!!!!)  All you have to do is measure out how much you want and add a little water until it is the perfect consistency for you.
It comes in a couple different flavors and tastes great, but I still missed the thick, creamy consistency of the real deal.  I have now found another brand from Whole Foods, called Just Great Stuff, and is the same concept.  This brand tastes a little bit better because you can actually make it pretty thick.
It is the same deal, but costs $8 per tiny jar! 

The cool thing about this, too, is that you can also use it to bake with!  Talk about healthy, amazing, gluten free cookies!!!  I can't wait to try it.

Now for the cutest thing in the world!
 We poured water over her for a bath.
Watering our tortoise :)


She'll grow big and strong if she eats her greens!

 She seemed to really like it :)
 Lilies in full bloom in the back yard!
 I think she wanted another bath...
 Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment