Friday, April 5, 2013

Spring Cleansing

Ever since spring began (wait, has it?? last time I walked outside I about froze!...any who...) every other email/post/status/tweet I have been reading has been about cleansing of some sort.  Whether it be a detox program, 3 day juice cleanse, water fast, house cleaning, you name it and it's being done by someone somewhere.  What is all the hype about?

That is the question I asked myself before going on my own smoothie cleanse just before Easter.  Now I know why this cleansing stuff is such a big deal!  Although my cleanse wasn't all that difficult or strenuous, I did feel a surge of extra energy and happiness flowing through my veins as I sipped a green smoothie for lunch (and sometimes breakfast) every day for 7 days straight.  This was not about weight loss or muscle building, but just a small challenge I made up to test the "cleansing waters" before diving in to juicing and other cleanses.

If you have been following my blog of a while, you might remember when I went to Disney about 2 years ago.  During that summer/fall, I was 20 pound less than I had ever been since turning 16!  My friends and family told me I was too skinny, but I didn't believe them.  I counted calories, did some form of activity after every meal, and had an overall negative self-image.  Let it be said here that I did not lose this weight in a healthy manner...

That winter, I gained back all 20 pounds and have been eating healthy and exercising healthy ever since.  That being said, I am still working on my body image, but practicing yoga and becoming a yoga teacher has helped me tremendously with that!  I do hope to lose about 10 pounds, but it is not the most important thing in my life.  My health, happiness, and love of good food and life comes first.

Thank you for listening reading this post.  It means so much to me to hear from my readers.  I would love to hear about your experiences with any cleansing you have tried/heard of or any health success stories you would like to share.  As always, please feel free to email me or leave a comment.

Luana ola!

Cuisinart Brushed Stainless Steel Food Processor (Google Affiliate Ad)

No comments:

Post a Comment