Monday, February 1, 2016

Mantra Monday: Vira III

Hi friends!

Today's post is coming to you a little later than usual because, as you may know if you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, I had a crazy busy weekend!!

It all started on Friday evening, when Andrew and I went out to dinner with some friends.  It was lovely and great to catch up!  Then, Saturday morning I had a client for a nutrition consult, followed by meeting with another friend for lunch.  After a few hours of talking, Andrew and I went to another friend's house and had a few more hours of conversations (and yoga!!) before having to leave.

Sunday morning, we got up early and went to the gym so I could be there before the volleyball tournament started, as I was the tournament director for the day!

By the time Sunday evening came, I was exhausted my 7pm!  I wish I would have taken more pictures for you guys (I am working on that).  But because I was so wrapped up in having a good time with friends, I completely forgot. 

Any who, are you ready for this week's mantra and yoga pose?!

This week's Mantra:

This week's yoga pose: Virabhadrasana III (Warrior III)

  • Begin in a standing pose.  
  • Shift your weight to your right lag, reaching your arms to the sky.
  • Bend at the hip and reach your arms forward, lifting your left leg parallel to the ground.
  • Flex the left foot and keep both legs engaged and strong.
  • Breathe 5-10 breaths before switching sides.
What did you do this weekend?  Do you love busy weekends or prefer staying home with a good book and some quiet time?  Let me know in the comments and don't forget to subscribe!!



No comments:

Post a Comment