Thursday, February 11, 2016

Mantra Thursday: Hanumanasana

You caught me!

Yes, these posts are supposed to be on Mondays so they can help you kick off the week on a yogi note, but I slipped up this week.  No post on Monday and a random post on Tuesday...

But, that's life isn't it?

I love to write and journal and blog.  But I also like to live my life outside of a computer screen.  Therefore, I sometimes forget to write down my thoughts or snap pictures while out and about because I get wrapped up in the moment.  It is not until after the moment passes that I realize I should have gotten a picture...Also, after a day at my corporate job, staring at a computer, most of the time getting home to get back on a computer is the last thing I want to do.  (I think that means I need to plan better...) Or, it just means I am human.

Either way, as part of living a healthy yogi lifestyle, it is important to find balance and joy in everything you do.  If this means getting your blogging schedule all messed up, then so be it!  I just hope none of you are mad at me for it...

So, to celebrate the Lunar New Year (that happened on Monday), I am sharing this week's mantra and asana with you now!!  Be forewarned, this is a fairly advanced asana, so be sure to be properly warmed up before attempting.

This Week's Mantra:

The only shoes I wear are my own.

This mantra is a reminder that you are unique, and that is a great thing!  Wear those shoes with pride and never be afraid to be yourself!  Help others, but don't forget that you need to take care of you as well!  Wear only your shoes and try not to take on the burden of wearing someone else's.

This Week's Asana:  Hanumanasana (Monkey Pose)

It is the year of the Monkey in China, so this week's pose is of course Monkey Pose (aka splits!)!!  Be sure to use a block or pillows to rest your hips on if the full split is not in your practice.  From a high kneeling position, step your left foot forward, keeping both knees bent.  Slowly begin to stretch your left foot forward, keeping the foot flexed.  When the leg is straight, place both hands on the ground or on blocks and begin to slide your right leg back.  Only go as far as is comfortable and make sure to keep breathing slow, steady breaths.


Tag me in your version of Hanumanasana on Instagram!!


Question of the day:  What is your favorite way to spend quality time with friends/family??

Let me know in the comments and don't forget to subscribe in order to get these posts right in your email!!

No comments:

Post a Comment