Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Healthy Traveling Tips

Hi Friends!!  Well, we are in the midst of packing for our honeymoon and I thought I'd share some food tips with you in terms of traveling.

While on holiday, everyone likes to indulge.  Like I mentioned last week, parties, celebrations, and holidays are all perfect times to indulge; but you still might like to keep your body healthy in the process.  So, instead of jumping right into that gelato, smearing gobbs of butter on your bread, or having dessert with every meal, this may be a good time to step back...take a deep breath (or 2, or 10, or 200)...and evaluate what you want out of your daily food choices and meals.

For me, it is pretty simple:

  1. Good for my body- I want my food to fuel every cell with extreme nutrition.
  2. Tasty- Not only must my food be nourishing, but it must also taste good.  I know from experience that no matter how healthy a food is for me, if it doesn't taste good, I won't eat it.
  3. Satisfying- I want to feel satisfied within my body, mind, and spirit after every meal or snack.  I don't want to feel heavy or tired, but full of life and satisfied.  
Yes, these are high expectations for every meal I encounter, especially while traveling, but I have high standards for my own health.  You don't have to have these same goals, but maybe come up with one or two things that you know you can stick with, even while traveling, to let yourself indulge while also keeping your health.

Let me know in the comments below what your health goals are and how you go about keeping them while traveling.





No comments:

Post a Comment