Sunday, September 23, 2012

Lazy Exercise

Ok, it's finally time to write this post!  I said I was going to write about laziness in exercise and nutrition, so here is the exercise portion...

I have noticed, in my own life, that when I go more than 2 or 3 days without exercise, I already begin to get into a "rut".  I find tons of other things to do (like cook, clean, take care of the house, blog, and work on school things) and then the lack the motivation to work out kicks in.  Time just seems to slip away!  When this starts to happen, I try to put those things aside and JUST DO IT.  It is important to remember that all the excuses you have for not getting exercise will still be there after the 30 to 60 minutes; and I promise you will feel better afterwards.

For every excuse to do exercise, there are probably 5 more excuses as to why you shouldn't.  Always remember that the excuses for not getting activity every day are better off to ignore and think of the benefits you will reap.  Whether your excuse is not enough time, no equipment, or that you are too tired, I have news for you:
    1. not enough time- all you need is 3-4 ten minute bursts of exercise to reap the benefits, just make it count!  Wear comfortable work clothes so you can get up and move around during your break and take a walk after lunch.
    2. no equipment- You a body, so use it!  Ever try pull-ups, push-ups, hand stands, squats, jumping jacks, plank, hand stands, etc?  Those are all done with the best type of equipment; your body!
    3. too tired- every time I am exhausted after a busy and stressful day, a good 20-30 minute walk with Andrew always puts me in a better mood and gives me energy.  Why?  Because our bodies were made to be moved and endorphins are released when we exercise (and yes, walking is exercise!)

There is no excuse for not getting 30 minutes of exercise/physical activity every day.  Play with your kids, walk the dog, walk with your significant other, go for a bike ride, shoot some hoops, dance in your living room, act like kids and just play!  The most wonderful feeling is acting like a child!  It lifts your spirit and makes your heart lite.

The next time you hear yourself giving an excuse for not getting up and being active, remember that God gave you a body to love and use, so just start exercising for 10 minutes and you will see that 90% of the time, you will want to continue exercising because of how good you feel during and after!

What is your favorite form of exercise?

Luana ola!


No comments:

Post a Comment