Thursday, August 9, 2012

Reading a Book




Well, I spent most of this rainy day reading...I loved it!  There is nothing better then sitting (or standing at work, in my case) and reading a good book.  Since I finished The Hunger Games (which were amazing by the way), I picked up a nutrition book and am reading about health (just as fascinating!!)

Today's produce consisted of a tons of green beans, zucchini, an apple, and Juice Plus.  A protein shake, peanut butter, and toast were also thrown in the mix.

Speaking of green beans, I actually forgot how amazing they are!  I haven't had fresh green beans in what seems like forever.  I don't know why, but I just haven't bought them.  I don't like the taste of canned and frozen ones tend to be too watery.  I got these beans from Goebbert's Farm and Garden; 2 lb for about $3, and lightly steamed them for 5 minutes and were topped with pepper and a little garlic...mmm!  Good thing I'm not a vampire because garlic is for sure my favorite spice/herb!  I put it on everything and it adds such great flavor, not to mention that it is great for your heart by improving blood pressure!

In other news, I found a really cool article today about whole grain flours and thought I'd share it will all of you :)  Here it is.  I really like this resource because it tells you gluten free and whole grain forms of flours and how to use them in cooking!

Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment