Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wellness Wednesday

As I let the dogs out this morning, I felt a strange wind blowing...it was warm!!!  It must have been about 50 degrees outside, so I just had to go for a run.  I grabbed threw on a hoodie, some yoga pants, and my running shoes and headed out the door.  I felt like really going for it, so I did intervals of sprinting, walking, and jogging for 1.3 miles and then I walked a lap.  This put my workout at 30 minutes but it felt so good; especially in the sun!



It's amazing how the sun can provide such happiness and inspiration.  As I was walking, I came to an epiphany:  if you spend just 5 minutes every hour doing some sort of physical activity, in 12 hours you would have exercised for 70 minutes!  Who can't take a break for just 5 minutes, and we are all awake for more than 12 hours a day!

I now challenge you, a Luana Ola reader, to spend at least 5 minutes every hour doing some sort of physical activity.  Here's a list of some of the things you could do:


  • Stretch/Yoga

  • Push ups

  • Plank

  • Jumping Jacks

  • Jump rope (feel like a kid again!)

  • Walk 

  • Jog 

  • Lunge

  • Squat

Or...you can do anything else your imagination creates, just get that body moving!

Luana ola!  And enjoy the beautiful weather!



2 comments:

  1. Interesting idea to try if I'm ever a regular ed teacher...get kids moving every hour to prevent boredom and to zap the couch potatoes....

    Despite it being 50 degrees back home...I have a snow day!! WOOT WOOT:) Wish it was warm and sunny though! Can't wait for spring/summer!

    We are ALL Special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That is a great idea! It would prevent boredom, like you said, and physical activity actually helps to stimulate the brain! Your students would probably be able to concentrate better, ultimately leading to better test scores and overall performance!

      I don't know if I could handle snow anymore! Have fun on the day off though! :)

      Delete