Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wellness Wednesday

As I let the dogs out this morning, I felt a strange wind blowing...it was warm!!!  It must have been about 50 degrees outside, so I just had to go for a run.  I grabbed threw on a hoodie, some yoga pants, and my running shoes and headed out the door.  I felt like really going for it, so I did intervals of sprinting, walking, and jogging for 1.3 miles and then I walked a lap.  This put my workout at 30 minutes but it felt so good; especially in the sun!



It's amazing how the sun can provide such happiness and inspiration.  As I was walking, I came to an epiphany:  if you spend just 5 minutes every hour doing some sort of physical activity, in 12 hours you would have exercised for 70 minutes!  Who can't take a break for just 5 minutes, and we are all awake for more than 12 hours a day!

I now challenge you, a Luana Ola reader, to spend at least 5 minutes every hour doing some sort of physical activity.  Here's a list of some of the things you could do:


  • Stretch/Yoga

  • Push ups

  • Plank

  • Jumping Jacks

  • Jump rope (feel like a kid again!)

  • Walk 

  • Jog 

  • Lunge

  • Squat

Or...you can do anything else your imagination creates, just get that body moving!

Luana ola!  And enjoy the beautiful weather!