Friday, February 24, 2012

Tough Day!

For all of those who are living in a world of warmth and sunshine, I am SOOOOO jealous!  I had a feeling that this 40-something degree weather would not last long.  Yesterday the Chicago-land area got dumped (and I mean dumped...) with snow:





This fantastic (ehem...sarcasm!) weather is keeping me from running and cabin fever is getting stronger!!  I need spring and sun!

It turns out that it wasn't just the light flowing stuff, but "heart attack snow".  I managed to shovel the driveway this morning before heading out to a endocrinologist appointment (lots of thyroid history in my family).  I have been having some strange symptoms lately (if you ask, I will tell) and decided to go to the doctor to see if she could figure out what was wrong.  She referred me to an endocrinologist because I hadn't been in 2 years so it was about time I made it back that way anyways.  I had 6 vials of blood drawn and lots of tests conducted on my blood.  Today's appointment, on the other hand, was for an ultrasound on the wonderful little endocrine gland, and the results should be in my Monday as well as a follow-up later in the week.

The website for my home made salt scrubs should be up soon and the children's cookbook is slowly reaching the finish line.  If you would like any information regarding either of these, please feel free to ask.

So I am on a serious tangent today, I want to bring up one more point.  I am planning a small garden this spring.  It will be my first time trying to grow vegetables!  I am also growing herbs, but I have done those before and am trying to expand my horizons farther.  I am very open to some gardening advice!  Andrew and I are thinking about growing cauliflower, sunflower, tomatoes, spinach, carrots, pole beans, and zucchini!  Any information would be helpful, but I am really looking forward to comments about seeding, location, and germination.

Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment