Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I Am Beautiful!



     Ladies, we do not say this phrase to ourselves enough!  We are always comparing ourselves to other women and feeding negative thoughts constantly.  You know the ones I mean..."Ugh, my jeans are tighter today!"; "Why does she ALWAYS look good in ANYTHING she puts on?!"; "I could never wear that!"; "How else can I cover up ______?" and the list goes on and on...

     I am glad to say that I have a man in my life who loves me no matter what, but I have come to find that I need to love myself as much as he loves me (or more if possible)!  We all do!  It is great to have a relationship with someone you love more than anything, but the best relationship you can have (and that you are literally stuck with) is the one you have with yourself.  Without love for who you are, you have nothing.  You are the one who has to look at yourself in the mirror after a shower and say, "I am beautiful!"  If you can't say this about yourself, something needs to be done.  As women, we are naturally curvey, sometimes not in the places we necessarily want to be curvey, but curvey nevertheless.  We need these bodies so that we can create the most precious part of life and bring it into this world as part of a special connection between us and our beloved.  With this in mind, it is no doubt that we should love ourselves!




Women are created from all the strength God had left after creating man.  He made us strong yet understanding.  How many times have you heard a man wonder why women are so emotional?  In my opinion, this is because we carry all of the burdens of those we love, plus our own.  We think we can do it all and that we don't need anyone's help.  In reality, we do need help!  We need God, family, and friends to be our second backbone when we slip a disk and it feels like we will never get through.  We need those people to remind us how special we are and how much they care about us.  Most important of all, though, we need those people to help us see for ourselves that WE ARE BEAUTIFUL in each and every part of our life!




Spread the word today and every day to the women in your life.  Whether they need a pick-me-up or not, show/let them know you care and that they should feel a sense of pride in everything they do!



Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment