Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Interview with Tracy from Tracy's Plate!

Hey there! 

I am starting a monthly series where I interview entrepreneurs of the nutrition world; including Registered Dietitians, Nutritionists, and other health professionals to share with you a behind-the-scenes look of the health field.  So many nutrition professionals have such a passion for health, it sometimes gets overlooked with all the daily business/computer work they are doing.  I am hoping this series opens some doors and sheds some light on why those in the nutrition/health field do what they do.

So, without further adieu, I would like for you to meet my first guest, Tracy Williams!  I met Tracy while we were part of the Hospitality committee through the North Suburban Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.  She is a nutrition entrepreneur, freelance writer, and public speaker and is going to share her latest and greatest event! Take it away Tracy!
What brought you to nutrition?
I have been passionate about nutrition education since I was young. When I was a energetic 7 year old, I used to help mom type her flyers for nutrition education for her hypertension class that she taught as a nurse at Cook County Hospital.

What is your favorite part about what you do?
I love meeting new people and listening to their stories after they have attended a nutrition program that I have presented.

Tell me about your latest project.
 I am doing a program for Morton Grove Park District on August 9, 2016.  It is called "Positive Changes to Family Meals".  The program will include positive tips on how to make nutritious meals on the go for your family and is based on current nutrition research. Recipes and tip sheets will be given to be taken home to use for future reference when working together with your family.You can call 847-965-1200 to register. 

If someone was interested in attending, how could they sign up or contact you?
If you want to schedule a nutrition education program, please contact me through my website at www.tracysplate.com. You can also call me at 847-975-3410 or e-mail me at tracywilliams87@gmail.com.  Click here to see the event.

If a kid walked up to asking for your advice and you only had a few minutes to give them your best health tip, what would it be?
Fruits and veggies are your friends. Find a way to move more with your friends. Be a good role model for your younger family members for a healthy lifestyle.      

Is there anything else you would like to share with us?
I am comfortable to adapt my programs for any audience. I especially like to be a role model for audience members who have overcome personal life challenges. One of my main life challenges is being physically disabled with a condition called cerebral palsy. 

If you or someone you know might be interested in being part of next month's interview, please click here to contact me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment