Wednesday, June 15, 2016

How to Plan for Organized Chaos!

I have been learning so much lately!

Between my full time job as a corporate dietitian, teaching a weekly yoga class, and creating content for my online course, I have a lot on my plate!

The good news, though, is that I am learning very quickly how to manage my time.  Every minute really counts and I am working on making the most of each second.  That being said, there are plenty of evenings where all I want to do is eat a vegan brownie, have a small glass of red wine, and watch a movie! (Hmmm...I actually did that just last night!)  But, nevertheless, although I am not getting ANY work done during that time, I know it is good for me to do.  If I didn't allow nights like this, I would be burnt out and probably explode...

I know that many of you are in similar shoes.  Life adds up quick!  So, whether its balancing jobs and kids, pets, hobbies, exercise, date night, or just finding time to shower every now and again...here are my top 3 tips to grabbing hold of your life and enjoying the bliss that is organized chaos.





After you have this all set up, try to schedule things at least 2 weeks in advance so you have time to plan and prepare accordingly.  Then, as soon as something comes up, put it in your calendar and on your spreadsheet.  If necessary, the spread sheet can be posted as your computer background or printed and stuck to your fridge so your whole family can see when you are busy.  Trust me, the less you have to actually talk about and explain your schedule, the easier it is to plan and enjoy all the little things in life!!

Question of the day:  What is your favorite way to stay organized?  Are you a pen and paper kind of person?  Or do you prefer to keep your life on your phone?  Whether you fit into these categories or have a method of your own, let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment