These little guys are perfect to pack in a lunch box, in a bag as an on the go breakfast/snack, or even paired with a cup of warm tea. After all, we have to start thinking about keeping warm with these crisp mornings and cool evenings just around the corner!
- 1 cup rolled oats, split into two half cups
- 1 T natural peanut butter
- 1 T natural jam
- Place 1/2 c rolled oats in a blender or food processor and pulse until a flour-like consistency is formed.
- In a bowl, add the oat flour to the whole rolled oats. Then add the peanut butter and jam. Stir well, adding 1t water at a time as needed.
- Roll into ping-pong sized balls and let rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to firm up. I know, I know that's a long time to wait for such a yummy treat, but I promise this step makes it worth the wait.
- Enjoy with friends and family!! (well...maybe...)
These little bites are great to pack in kids' (or husbands') lunches or as an after school/work/pre-workout snack.
You can also swap any ingredients that you love. For example, instead of peanut butter, use any nut butter or even dates! Note: if you do use dates, be sure to soak them and blend the whole mixture in a food processor or blender.
Other combos to try can be found in next week's allergy friendly granola bars recipe!!!