Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Back to School Snacks

This time of year always puts me in an extraordinary mood!  The cool mornings, warm and sunny afternoons, and evenings with the best sunsets!  I get more inspired now than any other time of year (including January 1st)!  So, in honor of going back to school, work, internships, or simply a change of seasons, here is a list of my top 10 go-to snacks:

These are all good for mid-morning, mid-afternoon, as a side, or midnight snack (not that we ever do that...)

Top 10 Snacks: 

10. Nuts or Seeds

9. Raw Donut Holes (recipe coming soon!)

8. Kale chips

7. Oatmeal with dried fruit

6. Cold noodles (brown rice are my fave!) with any sauce you'd like (I opt for low fat/sodium marinara, hot sauce, or tahini with lemon juice)

5.  Allergy Friendly Granola bars (recipe also coming soon!!)

4. Smoothie (strawberry banana, banana chocolate chip, pineapple peach banana, the possibilities are endless!!!)

3. Veggie sticks and hummus- celery and carrots with low fat, low sodium hummus is the perfect afternoon pick-me-up

2. Nana Ice Cream- 3+ frozen bananas, water, vanilla extract; blend and eat!

1. Fruit!!- from bananas and apples to gooey dates, fruit is easy to carry with you and you need nothing but your hands and mouth to enjoy it!

So there you have it, my top 10 favorite snacks for morning to evening!  I generally gravitate towards the top 5, but all of them are good to change things up and add in new flavors/nutrients.

Be sure to subscribe so you can see my next 2 recipe posts mentioned above!  They will be posted within the month.







No comments:

Post a Comment