Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Joys of Silence

While Andrew is out of town, visiting his dad, I get the whole house to myself!  At first, I was skeptical because I am the type that does not like to be alone for too long; I get very lonely.  But, it has been 2 days and I am loving it!  The house is quiet and I have gotten so much work done for my classes.  I miss him a lot, but man is it nice to take care of only yourself for a change!

Breakfast was a bit different I was craving savory...




Baked sweet potato with 1/4 avocado and a sprinkle of cinnamon.  I don't get to eat sweet potatoes all that often because Andrew does not like them.  Therefore, I am trying to find new ways to incorporate them into our diets without actually tasting the sweet potato (they have so many amazing health benefits!)

Lunch was a large salad of mixed greens, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and broccoli all topped with a drizzle of olive oil and coconut vinegar.


Since I have class tonight (6:30-9:20pm ugh!), I will be bringing oats to cook in the microwave and top it with fresh blueberries!  Nothing says comfort during these crazy winter days than breakfast for dinner!

Well, I got to Dominican, finished my project, went to teach yoga, and found out my class was cancelled!  I drove back home in this (see picture to the left) and am still having the oats for dinner after shoveling the driveway!

Now to round off my night with some studying of Life cycle nutrition and Food Purchasing (O-Chem quiz on Friday)






Stay warm and dry where ever you are!

Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment